Dashboard: What do you need to design Dashboards?
We propose to share you several blog tickets about Dashboards. The third one will be about:
What do you need to design dashboards?
I’m going to present you ten points to design dashboard. It’s important to check these points to be sure that you have a strong design and that dashboards are easy to analyze. Follow these points can help you for your success.
For each point give a note between 1 and 3 as:
1 – if you are not sure that all managers, designers and users understand the point or if it’s difficult to define the point into your organization
2 – if people into your organization understand the point but cannot define it
3 – if people into your organization understand the point and can define it
- Do I understand the three dashboard categories (strategical, tactical and operational) ?
I’m not sure = 1 point. I see what you mean = 2 points. My co-workers and I, see exactly what you mean and why you are asking for= 3 points
- Do I know the definition of a storyboard?
- Do I know how I can manage the storyboard process?
- Do I have a clear idea of charts and fonts I need?
- Do I know which colors I need to use? If you want to have clear and comprehensive dashboards, don’t use red, yellow and green for others elements than KPI’s status.
- Can I prioritize and select metrics and KPIs according to my organization strategies?
- Can I select the correct dashboard components for the insightful analysis?
- Can I build explicit and efficient dashboard?
- Do I have knowledge to create best practices and concepts guide? Give a framework and a template to create dashboards in the same way. It will facilitate the analysis.
- Do I know how t o set limit data access with parameters?
If your score is between 0 and 15:
You are not ready to launch your project. Ask a professional to help you prioritize tasks and implement knowledge.
If your score is between 16 and 20:
You are in progress but you need to do some effort. Ask us for specific workshop.
If your score is between 21 and 30:
you are ready to launch your project. Ask us which tool suit you more.
Next ticket will be about management of your dashboard project.
- 4State-transition model profiling examines life...
- Timeline profiling looks for patterns in histor...
- Analyzing profiling results Data profiles provi...
- Mining basic statistics Attribute profiling pro...
- Attribute profiling examines values of individu...