Dashboard: How to define Dashboard architecture?
We propose to share you several blog tickets about Dashboards. The second one will be about:
What do you need to define Dashboard architecture?
I’m going to present you ten points to define dashboard architecture (not design – it will be presented on third ticket). It’s important to check these points to be sure that you have a strong architecture for short, mid and long term processes. Follow these points can help you for your success.
For each point give a note between 1 and 3 as:
1 – if you are not sure that all managers, designers and users understand the point or if it’s difficult to define the point into your organization
2 – if people into your organization understand the point but cannot define it
3 – if people into your organization understand the point and can define it
Dashboard architecture requirements
- Are you sure to know the kind of dashboard you want to build?
I’m not sure = 1 point. I see what you mean = 2 points. My co-workers and I see exactly what you mean and why you are asking for= 3 points
- Frequency is an important word in dashboard world. What kind(s) of frequency load is your requirement? (mandatory automation is linked directly with frequency)
- Real time
- What are my data sources? Do I have access to these sources? Do these sources clean?
- Do I have an ODS or a data warehouse? Do I need one of them or all of them?
- Do I need an OLAP structure?
- How can I link my dashboard platform with my web portal? What technology is it? And what technology do I need to acquire?
- Does my organization possess expertise in data management and BI knowledge?
- Does my organization have enough time to acquire missing knowledge?
- Which KPI do I need? Do I have the definition and calculation for each of them?
- Does my organization possess expertise and knowledge in dashboard tools selected?
If your score is between 0 and 15:
You are not totally ready to launch your project. Our team can enlight you on several steps.
If your score is between 16 and 20:
You are in progress but you need to do some effort. Ask for a specific workshop ( email@example.com )
If your score is between 21 and 30:
You are ready to launch your project. don’t hesitate to ask us which software / technics / langague is the best for your need.
Next ticket will be about design for your dashboards.
Others tests about dashboard and business intelligence
- 4State-transition model profiling examines life...
- Timeline profiling looks for patterns in histor...
- Analyzing profiling results Data profiles provi...
- Mining basic statistics Attribute profiling pro...
- Attribute profiling examines values of individu...